3 Easy Tricks to Improve your Excavator Fuel Efficiency
Fuel is one of the top equipment operating expenses for owners, but with a few small changes in operator behavior, those costs can be cut significantly. Here are a few tricks to using fuel-saving features on Volvo excavators — including auto idle, auto engine shutdown and Eco Mode.
- Automatically lowers RPM after 5 seconds of inactivity
- Time delay can be set anywhere between 3 and 20 seconds
Auto Engine Shutdown
- The engine is set to 5-minute timer
- After four minutes with the control lockout lever down, a 60-second warning will begin
- Machine will shut off after warning
Eco Mode (Other brands’ eco modes slow down their rpms by 10%)
- Pump flow is controlled to avoid inertia from overflowing the overload relief valves while maintaining digging power and maximum swing efficiency.
- Reduces flow and pressure loss and improves pump flow control, resulting in 5 percent improvement to efficiency
These fuel-saving features are just one example of the many differentiators that set Volvo excavators apart. Learn more about the benefits of our excavators.